Wednesday, May 4, 2011

2011 OC Marathon Expo

Friday and Saturday was the OC Marathon Expo. This is where a bunch of vendors set up their goods and try to convince you that you MUST have their product or you won't survive the marathon. This was also the place to pick up your packet, consisting of your bib, flyer's, shirt, coupons, various food and timing chip. I was pretty excited to go and check out my first expo. I brought along Carlie and Brooke with me. It was held out the Costa Mesa Fairgrounds, later to be known as the finish line. As expected, it was very crowded. The first thing I saw that got me excited were these signs.


Just knowing these are the very signs that would be guiding me through the course the next day was pretty cool. Just outside the expo is where we picked up our bib.


But not before posing for a picture first.


Once we made it inside, it was pretty overwhelming at first. There were people and booths everywhere.


I managed to find the Team Sparkle booth pretty quick and got to say hello to Elise and Kelly.

Carlie found an opportunity to win some money.


Brooke found her new favorite drink, Yakult. She managed to drink 6 bottles while we walked around the expo.


She also found balloon's!


I ran into a booth promoting the best marathon EVER. Running the Vegas strip at night. YES PLEASE! I hear it sells out within hours. I will probably be one of those crazies on my computer at midnight, waiting for registration to open.


I ended up purchasing compression socks to help with my recovery and I bought a Halo visor and Halo headband. I sweat like crazy, which usually leads to getting my salty sweat in my eye, which burns. Needless to say, this exhibit caught my eye.


It turned out to be a fantastic event. It was the perfect hype for what was to come the following day. Check out my goodies!

No comments:

Post a Comment